Thursday, January 7, 2010

May the Heavy Breathing Begin!

I spent last evening thrilled to bits. Why, you ask? Because, thanks to Darthregis, we now have Vent for our guild family! Hearing our friends’ voices sent me into fits of delightful giggles and even though I could only respond through guild/party chat I was having a great time. I squealed with joy when I heard my sister hunter, Chawakanda, for the first time since oh...2007?  I’m equally looking forward to hearing our New Zealand branch on Vent!

Then everyone died in Heroic Forge of Souls while I was healing and that was a bad time. I was quite confident that I had healed it on heroic before and I think this was merely a matter of some poor timing/positioning on my part. I tend to run around needlessly and I still have to practice on calming down. Our second attempt proved easier and we all survived (yay!), plus a few of us got some nice upgrade from the run (double/triple yay!).

I’m looking forward to going to our next peek into Ulduar with people on Vent. It’s going to make the encounter easier to explain (hopefully) and I think it will be a lot of fun!

4 comments:

  1. It was scary! But I'm with you, I'm looking forward to seeing it used for raids. I need to practice with it. I'm used to annoucing when we attract extra mobs to outloud to Regis but not on vent! :P

    Althou, I've already improved. My first hot key to talk was CTRL which wasn't a good idea since I send my pet in to attack with CTRL + 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My previous vent experiences have solely involved listening so it was kind of neat.

    Friday should be fun.

    And I thought you did well on the healing. Some of the trash packs have a lot of group damage going on and we made it through them without issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think you did a great job healing. There's lots of frantic things to work through in that, particularly on the last boss. Just some bad luck and your silly tank needing to time his interrupts better. Second swing at the bat went flawlessly, from my perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Those wraiths before the final boss deliver such a might wallop!

    ReplyDelete