Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oculus and You

I'm actually starting to like not hate Oculus but I'll be the first to admit that it is not my favourite - it's confusing, it's loud and the boss mechanics are ugly.  Even with the nerf people still drop their LFD groups when they end up there. For sticking it out Blizzard is going to give us a chance at getting nice rewards and even a mount – how kind! 

 

I've never attempted to tank it because when it comes to the dragon mounts a) I don't know where I'm going and b) people don't know where they are going.  After doing it a few times with the guild and in LFD I've learned a simple solution to make your experience better in Oculus for yourself:

 

Follow. The. Leader.

 

Look for the red dragon and target it.  Look at what they are targeting and target that dragon.  Mount when they mount and land when they land. Don't wander, don't stray and don't make the tank chase you because it's annoying. This should sound familiar, as in it should sound like what you would do in any dungeon and since Oculus is now an instance worth doing you may as well make it as enjoyable as possible. 

 

Thank you!

 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great tip because it's exactly what I do! Personally, I don't mind Oculus. Except for the fact that I believe it should have an extra "c" --> Occulus.

    ReplyDelete