Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Five Years!

Another WoW-iversary! Even though I have only been playing since 2007 World of Warcraft has been in my life since it’s release. At first it was a curiosity. I liked watching my boyfriend (now husband) play his Orc Shaman and I giggled every time his undead warrior hissed “Need more rage!”.

There was a short peroid where it became an annoyance mainly because I would have to wait to check my email :P

I’m not one to suffer in silence and a quick solution was to get me playing video games. We got a Game Cube and I got loads of enjoyment out of Zelda: Wind Waker and It’s a Wonderful Life (and it’s sequel, “It’s Another Wonderful Life”) where I literally farmed for hours and hours.

In February of 2007 I asked if I could make a character and was very excited when I found out you could wear DRESSES! I settled on a Female Draenei Preist and my very patient husband guided me through the first few levels chuckling as I talked to my character and the environment and freaking out if I saw another player. We could both see that I was enjoying myself so it was suggested that if I wanted to play with my husband and our friends I would have to roll Horde. I immediately went through the Hordes races and classes and chose my Tauren Hunter.

He’s still my favourite. To this day I still squeal with delight when I click on his character screen before logging in. Pacheco and I have been through a lot. Sometimes he is awesome and is up to his muscely tits in dps and other times he does stupid things like stand in stuff that kills him and keeps viper sting on through Patchwerk. I’ve given and taken away his pets, I’ve spent his gold on very frivolous items without too much thought and I’ve made him do all of the Silithus quests leading up AQ. Yet he still continues to delight me with his deep throaty chuckle and his Peanut Butter Jelly Time dance. Even with three fingers he is so deft with a gun and a bow only misses occasionally, bless him. And he occaisionally wears dresses :)

I’ve had a zeppelin load of fun immersed in Azeroth made even more enjoyable by spending it with my husband and our dear/amazing guild. Happy Five Years World of Warcraft! Let’s all have a big dance party with our Onyixan welps!


Thank you Blizzard!

2 comments:

  1. The freakout of seeing another player is a great memory: Is that a person? OMG! WHAT DU I DO???

    This was a great write up! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete