Monday, November 30, 2009

The Horde & Cake: A Happy Marriage

PinkCakeBox makes the most fabulous looking cakes with realistic gumpaste flowers and whismical little fondant people. Just looking at their pictures fills me with sugary happiness! Today they feature a Warcraft themed Groom's cake, but this could easily be for a gamer-bride! It's a little Horde hut complete with an orc! Be sure to take a peek at all their gorgeous and dramatic cakes that anyone would be lucky to have at their event. I'm sure they are as tasty as they look, but how could you bring yourself to cut into them!?

For our wedding we gave the Groomsmen copies of the game and time cards (or maybe it was just time cards?). That was the only mention of World of Warcraft. The guys went down the aisle to a Mark Mothersbaugh jingle from Rushmore, I floated down the aisle to Moon River. The girls carried gorgeous bouquets of handcrafted paper flowers. My father married us in the most delightful, sweetest and touching ceremony ever. Then we went on to celebrate and ate pink wedding cake.

If I were planning our wedding now I would have my husband carry an Ogrimmar banner with his Groomsmen following behind beating drums, wearing Horde tabards (over suits). I would have walked down the aisle to Lady Sylvanas' haunting melody with rose petals following me! There would be penguins, pandas and pachyderms following us! My Dad would have dressed up as Thrall to give his Warchief Blessing! Then we would all dance, eat and kick gnomes hired for our special day!

The wedding cake would remain PINK.

Sigh! A girl can dream, can't she?

3 comments:

  1. I believe it was just time cards as we both already owned the games. Although it was a great gift for just showing up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and yes, I would love to be in a Horde tabard. I'm not too sure about the beating drums, as I'm a terrible percussionist. (Just ask Rockband!)

    Although I'd probably have to wear a Forsaken or Tauren mask with the suit. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a copy of the game. I hadn't played it before the wedding.

    Also, while I would have worn a tabard if you guys had wanted I'm kind of glad you got married before taking up WoW. {8^)

    ReplyDelete