Thursday, November 12, 2009

And now for a bit a gravy

Some days my kitchen is a bit like World of Warcraft. I could spend the whole day happily cooking, cleaning and organizing and feel like I’ve accomplished a lot. I’ll cook a fantastic meal and feel like it’s a true achievement. Ones like:






Over the years my kitchen armoury is also beginning to grow. It started out with [white] items like hand-me-down dishes, which I still use from time to time because I love them or glasses/cups procured through beer purchases (which I sort of hate). Things that will be replaced at some point but work for now.

Blue items I use almost everyday and are of very good quality. My Paderno pot and skillet, for example, are sure to last me a long time and I have been consistently good to me since they were purchased in 2004.


Then there are my epic pieces. These are the large ticket items that not only do amazing things to boost my cooking and baking skill but also look incredibly gorgeous. The red KitchenAid Mixer sat patiently in a box for three years before it found a home on our counter in the new apartment. I try to incorporate it into my weekend baking and cooking as much as possible. It mixes my batters, needs dough, whips icing and mashes potatoes! I love it so much and would encourage everyone to get one in his or her kitchen.


The Le Creuset French Oven is a recent aquisition that I had been lusting after for a while. This extraordinary pot is used everyday. Every. Day. I once wondered why anyone would pay that much for a pot. Now I want my entire kitchen decked out in Le Crueset cookware because of its high quality and gorgeous orange colour. From boiling water to roasting chickens, this beauty will not let you down.


There are loads of “dailies” involved too like dishes, cleaning and sweeping but let’s be honest – I don’t even do in-game dailies everyday. Sometimes you just have log off (or take a nap).

1 comment:

  1. This was very fun! I too enjoy looking at the work through Warcraft sometimes.

    Like when that manager gave me crap for walking by his desk too fast and causing a piece of paper to flutter off of it.

    Well, i now imagine if it were to ever happen again, Marrowstrike would defintely pin that paper to his freaking desk!

    ReplyDelete